Denver Car Accident Attorney
HAVE YOU BEEN HURT? WE’RE HERE TO HELP.
As a paramedic/firefighter, personal injury attorney Todd Bovo has been the first responder to many car accidents in Colorado. He has the medical knowledge and real-life experience that allows him to truly understand auto accident cases from all angles. The scope of auto accident cases that Bovo Law, LLC specializes in includes auto accidents involving trucks, bicycles, buses, light rail, and motorcycles.
Since there are so many auto accident cases out there, Bovo Law, LLC is selective about the type of car accident cases we take on. If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in an accident, we may be able to help.
Call us today at 303.333.4686 to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options. Backed by nearly 20 years of legal experience, we’ve won millions for our clients.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
One of the most common misconceptions about filing a car accident claim is that you don’t need a lawyer to secure the compensation you deserve. Many victims of car wrecks attempt to handle their claim on their own, leaving them vulnerable to unfair insurance practices and risking a lower settlement than they deserve.
There are two primary reasons to hire an attorney to handle your car accident claim:
1. The insurance company is not on your side. The primary goal of insurance companies is to be profitable, which means minimizing injury claims to avoid paying large settlements. The insurance adjuster for your claim records every statement you make and can use this evidence against you at a later date. It’s important to discuss your case with a skilled car accident lawyer in Denver before even speaking with your insurance company, or as soon as possible if you feel you need legal representation. Most car accident victims that are represented by a lawyer recover two to three times more than those who handle their cases on their own.
2. Recovering the maximum amount of compensation possible. In cases of severe, life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment, the settlement from the insurance company may not be enough to cover your bills or the loss of quality of life. In Colorado, you can file a personal injury lawsuit for both bodily and property damage sustained in a motor vehicle accident with three years from the date the incident took place. Having an attorney on your side from the start can greatly increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation.
Keep reading below for more information about car accident cases, or call (720) 262-2495 to schedule a free case evaluation!
Car Accident Statistics
Auto accidents generally involve passenger vehicles. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, passenger vehicles are vehicles that weigh less than 10,000 lbs and include passenger cars, pick-up trucks, vans, SUVs, and other light trucks.
Take a look at some staggering vehicle statistics from the NHTSA:
In a single year, an estimated 9,291,000 vehicles were involved in police reported crashes.
- That does not include car wrecks that were not reported to police departments.
- 96% percent of those reported crashes involved a passenger vehicle.
43,917 vehicles were in fatal crashes & 21,253 passengers died in car accidents that year.
- Rural areas accounted for 62% of these fatalities.
- Of those rural fatalities, 54% were passengers who were not wearing their seatbelt.
In passenger car accidents, 77% of passengers who were ejected from their vehicles died.
- Seatbelts, when used, reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passengers by 45% and the risk of moderate-to-critical injury by 50%.
After a car accident, injuries are common. A few injuries that occur more commonly include sprained neck, whiplash, sprained wrist, broken rib, broken wrist, shoulder injuries, back spasms, and more. You should seek immediate medical care following a car accident.
Discuss Your Case in a Free Consultation!
The Denver car accident attorneys from Bovo Law, LLC can passionately advocate on your behalf. Through meticulous case investigation, we can help determine who is liable for your injuries. Then, we can capably craft a case that meets your individual needs and circumstances. Over the years, our personal approach and tireless representation has resulted in great success.