Bike Laws in Colorado
While there are some regulations that cyclists share with vehicle drivers, there are also many regulations that are specific to cyclists. Cyclists must abide by these regulations. In fact, failure to do so can negatively impact a bicycle accident case.
- When riding a bicycle, take these precautions:
- Never ride against traffic
- Ride on paved shoulders and bike lanes when present and hazard-free
- Ride single-file on curved roads without lanes or shoulders
- Use hand signals to indicate your movements
- Use a headlight, taillight, and reflectors in low light or at night
- Make eye contact with drivers
- Don’t assume the right of way
- Wear helmets, glasses, gloves, and other protective gear
It’s important for cyclists to be aware of bike-specific regulations, especially concerning the sharing of roadways. Our Denver bike accident lawyers can effectively investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and fight for just compensation from the liable parties. We provide each of our clients with the individual attention that their case needs in order to achieve results. Due to our thorough approach to case preparation, we’ve established a track record of success!
Serving the Denver communities, Bovo Law, LLC provides dedicated representation for cyclists injured by negligent drivers. Call to learn more.