Major Railroads & Railroad Groups
Train accidents can involve very complex litigation because there are so many factors involved. The first main factor is designating which train, railroad, or railroad group was negligent and at fault.
- The Federal Railroad Administration lists 8 major railroads and railroad groups:
- BNSF Railway Co.
- Union Pacific Railroad Co.
- San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad Co.
- Colorado & Wyoming Railway Company
- Denver Rock Island Railroad
- Great Western Railway of Colorado, LLC
- Rock & Rail Inc.
In addition to the above railroads and railway groups, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) runs the Light Rail throughout the Denver Metro area. The issues surrounding an incident with RTD are extremely complex train accident litigation proceedings. There were 15 reported train accidents in 2013 between January and October in Colorado.
Call to Speak with a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
If you have been involved in a train accident, it’s important to contact an experienced Denver injury attorney who will advise you of your rights and how to best proceed. Serving the Denver communities, Bovo Law, LLC provides train accident litigation for parties seeking legal representation.