The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Car Accidents Attorney in Denver, Colorado
Have You Been Hurt? We’re Here to Help.
As a paramedic/firefighter, personal injury attorney Todd Bovo has been the first responder to many car accidents in Colorado. He has the medical knowledge and real-life experience that allows him to truly understand auto accident cases from all angles. The scope of auto accident cases that Bovo Law Group specializes in includes auto accidents involving trucks, bicycles, buses, light rail, and motorcycles.
Since there are so many auto accident cases out there, Bovo Law Group is selective about the type of car accident cases we take on. If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in an accident, we may be able to help.
Call us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options. Backed by nearly 20 years of legal experience, we’ve won millions for our clients.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
One of the most common misconceptions about filing a car accident claim is that you don’t need a lawyer to secure the compensation you deserve. Many victims of car wrecks attempt to handle their claim on their own, leaving them vulnerable to unfair insurance practices and risking a lower settlement than they deserve.
There are two primary reasons to hire an attorney to handle your car accident claim:
- The insurance company is not on your side. The primary goal of insurance companies is to be profitable, which means minimizing injury claims to avoid paying large settlements. The insurance adjuster for your claim records every statement you make and can use this evidence against you at a later date. It’s important to discuss your case with a skilled car accident lawyer in Denver before even speaking with your insurance company, or as soon as possible if you feel you need legal representation. Most car accident victims that are represented by a lawyer recover two to three times more than those who handle their cases on their own.
- Recovering the maximum amount of compensation possible. In cases of severe, life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment, the settlement from the insurance company may not be enough to cover your bills or the loss of quality of life. In Colorado, you can file a personal injury lawsuit for both bodily and property damage sustained in a motor vehicle accident with three years from the date the incident took place. Having an attorney on your side from the start can greatly increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation.
Keep reading below for more information about car accident cases, or call to schedule a free case evaluation!
Let’s Work Through
Car Accident Statistics
Auto accidents generally involve passenger vehicles. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, passenger vehicles are vehicles that weigh less than 10,000 lbs and include passenger cars, pick-up trucks, vans, SUVs, and other light trucks.
TAKE A LOOK AT SOME STAGGERING VEHICLE STATISTICS FROM THE NHTSA:
In a single year, an estimated 9,291,000 vehicles were involved in police reported crashes.
- That does not include car wrecks that were not reported to police departments.
- 96% percent of those reported crashes involved a passenger vehicle.
43,917 vehicles were in fatal crashes & 21,253 passengers died in car accidents that year.
- Rural areas accounted for 62% of these fatalities.
- Of those rural fatalities, 54% were passengers who were not wearing their seatbelt.
In passenger car accidents, 77% of passengers who were ejected from their vehicles died.
- Seatbelts, when used, reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passengers by 45% and the risk of moderate-to-critical injury by 50%.
After a car accident, injuries are common. A few injuries that occur more commonly include sprained neck, whiplash, sprained wrist, broken rib, broken wrist, shoulder injuries, back spasms, and more. You should seek immediate medical care following a car accident.
Discuss Your Case in A Free Consultation!
The Denver car accident attorneys from Bovo Law Group can passionately advocate on your behalf. Through meticulous case investigation, we can help determine who is liable for your injuries. Then, we can capably craft a case that meets your individual needs and circumstances. Over the years, our personal approach and tireless representation has resulted in great success.
If you have been involved in a car accident and suffered injuries, you need experienced legal representation. As Denver accident attorneys, we fight for you to try and win the compensation you deserve. We have successfully recovered large judgments and settlements for personal injury clients.
We understand that an accident can change your life forever. As Denver lawyers, we have the expertise and knowledge necessary to help you recover your losses, whether it’s to settle for monetary damages, medical costs, or pain and suffering. We also try to help with any other losses suffered during an accident.
The legal fees involved with a lawsuit can add up to a significant amount. The insurance companies don’t want to settle, since they would rather go through the expense and trial process than admit to fault and allow you to collect what you’re entitled.
Speeding and Reckless Driving
Speeding and reckless driving are some of the most common causes of Denver car accidents. While Denver drivers must follow proper speed restrictions and guidelines, there are still avoidable circumstances that can occur. Speeding causes accidents because of the increased risk for both the driver and other drivers on the road. When you’re speeding, you put yourself in greater danger of getting into a wreck, and you put yourself in danger of being critically injured.
We Fight for You
Because insurance policies vary so much from company to company, you’ll want our attorney to fight for you. Your attorney understands all of the coverage limits and stipulations of your particular policy.
If you’re the victim in a Denver car crash, you’re likely suffering from various injuries. Some injuries will heal themselves, while others will require you to be put in a wheelchair or cast, depending on how severe the injuries are. In addition to physical pain, you might also be dealing with psychological stress due to the accident. Anxiety and depression are very common after automobile accidents. Many victims experience flashbacks and intrusive thoughts that they cannot control. As Denver car accident attorneys, we are well aware of your rights and will work to make sure your case is taken seriously by the courts and the insurance company.
It may be possible for you to obtain compensation from the liable party or their insurance company if you suffer a serious injury that was not your fault. Your Denver car accident lawyer might be able to help. However, this can be complicated. Your case can be complicated if it turns out that the person who was at fault did not have insurance. If this is the case, we can evaluate the case and determine if it will go to trial or settle.
In some cases, we might settle the case without going to trial. This is usually the case when your medical expenses are higher than your attorneys anticipate and you do not have enough money to pay for the full amount. The settlement can either be paid out of your own pocket or paid out of your attorney’s pocket.
Injured in a Denver Car Accident? Bovo Law Group has the experience you need to ensure a favorable outcome. Contact us today for a free consultation.